Every object has a timestamp, which includes:
- a usage count,
- the time last used, and (depending on when timestamps were implemented)
- the time the object was created.
These are shown by using EXAMINE.
'usage' is defined for:
- Players (when they type a command),
- Rooms (when they are entered),
- Exits (when they are attempted to be traversed or when looked at), and
- Things (when they are attempted to be taken or looked at).
Examining an object does not count as looking at them. These timestamps
can be used as references for other commands.